Himachal Pradesh, a northern Indian state in the Himalayas mountain ranges comprises 12 districts and they’re Hamirpur, Kangra, Bilaspur, Mandi, Chamba, Una, Sirmaur, Lahul and Spiti, Kullu, Kinnaur, Shimla and Solan. Every district of Himachal Pradesh is a famous tourist destination since it lies in the lap of the Himalaya and is known for its “Abundant Natural Beauty”.
Himachal Pradesh is deservedly appreciated by all adventure enthusiasts. Alternatively, Himachal Pradesh offers a refreshing climate for those who are longing for the fresh mountain air escape. The state is also a popular destination for location film shoots of such films as Roja, Henna, Jab We Met, Veer-Zaara, KRRISH, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Highway.
Geography of Himachal Pradesh
- The population of Himachal Pradesh state in 2014 is about 7,123,184
- The density of Himachal Pradesh state is 123/km2 (320/sq mi).
- Himachal Pradesh State is spread over 55,673 km2 (21,495 sq mi).
Given below is a list of the top tourist places to visit in Himachal Pradesh and their important details:
Elevation: 2,276 m
Area: 35.34 km²
Population: 1.7 lakhs (2011)
- in Winter ( December-February ) -7°C to 10°C
- in Summer (May- June ) 16°C to 28°C
- in Monsoon (July-September ) 13°C to 20°C
- By train nearest broad gauge railway station at Kalka (87 km)
- By road from Kalka (96 km)
- By plane shimla airport (IATA code:SLV) (23 km)
Tourist Attractions: Summer Hills, Indian Institute Of Advanced Studies, Annandale, Jakhoo Hill, The Scandal Point, Ridge, The Shimla State Museum, Naldehra And Shaily Peak, Chadwick Falls, Mall Road, Johnnie’s Wax Museum, Christ Church, Himalayan Bird Park, Tara Devi Temple, Kufri, Chail, Lakkar Bazaar, Green Valley, Viceregal Lodge
Adventure Activities: Take a leisurely walk at the Mall, Visit the zoo at Kufri, Ice skating, Trek to the meadows at Annadale, Tee off at the Naldehra Golf Course
Shop: Himachali Wooden Handicrafts, Kullu shawls, Tibetian carpets, Handcrafted Chinese shoes
Suggested tour packages: Delhi Agra to Shimla Manali Tour Package
Elevation: 2,050 m
Population: 8,096 (2011)
- in Winter ( December-February ) -15°C to 12°C
- in Summer (May- June ) 10°C to 20°C
- in Monsoon (July-September ) 10°C to 18°C
- By train nearest broad gauge railway station at Una (250 km)
- By road from Chandigarh (310 km), from Delhi (570 km)
- By plane Bhuntar Airport (IATA code KUU) (50 km)
Tourist Attractions: Goddess Hadimba Temple, Museum Of Himachal Culture And Folk Art, Tibetan Monasteries, Sage Manu Temple, Club House, Vashisht Village, Maa Sharvari Temple, Nehru Kund, Jogini Falls, Solang Valley, Kothi, Rahala Waterfalls, Gulaba, Naggar Village, Arjun Gufa, Chandrakhani Pass, Old Manali, The Mall Road, Van Vihar, Manali Wildlife Sanctuary, Enfieldpoint
Adventure Activities: Hot natural Sulphur water bath at Kalath-Vashisht village or Manikaran, Rabbits or Yaks ride, River rafting, Skiing, Zorbing, Snow scootering, and River crossing, Paragliding, Rock climbing, Hiking, Trekking at Deo Tibba-Friendship peak-Hampta Pass
Shop: Keychains, Name plates, Sweaters, Pull overs, Shawls, Blankets, Hippie clothes/ Jewelery
Suggested tour packages: Delhi to Shimla Manali Honeymoon Package