Top Paragliding and Skiing Adventure Sports Destinations in India
Every human being whether it is a kid or an adult wants to fly in the sky as like a bird. The dream can be come true by getting yourself indulge in the paragliding activity. Free to fly over the mountains, dense forests and landscapes get you some exotic moment to remember for life time. It is a perfect activity for adventure lovers.
Not only paragliding, skiing is also a cherishing activity for adventure junkies. Fan following of both activities is increasing day by day.
Get ready for virtual tour. We are providing you the list of Top Paragliding and Skiing Destinations in India:-
- Himachal Pradesh: Himachal Pradesh is a perfect destination for paragliding over the picturesque valleys. Bir Billing is the best suitable site for this activity. You will start from the base point in Billing at 8000 feet altitude above the sea level and land on Bir at 4500 feet altitude above the sea level.
- Pahalgam (Jammu & Kashmir): Pahalgam is a small town in Jammu & Kashmir. It is a favorite place for skiers due to its quality of giving breathtaking views. December-March is the perfect time for skiing here because at that time snow is thick and nice.
- Gulmarg (Jammu & Kashmir): Gulmarg is a beautiful place in Baramla district and it is a 7th best skiing destination of Asia. It is popular as ‘Heartland of winter sports like skiing in India’. The best time to visit at this place in winters. Gulmarg Gondola is highest cable car in the world is available in Gulmarg.
- Uttarakhand: Uttarakhand is another picturesque destination which is popular for paragliding. You can enjoy the beauty of the surrounding peaks while in the air. Bedni Bugyal in Kumaon and Kunjapuri are the best sites for adventure enthusiasts to enjoy the activity.
- Munsiyari (Uttaranchal): It is a cherishing destination for glacier lovers, high altitude trekkers and skiing enthusiasts they use it as their base camp. Munsiyari is located on the banks of Goriganga River. The word refers to the ‘place of snow’.
- Sikkim: Sikkim is a fast growing state as a paragliding destination in India. Take off from the Gangtok about an altitude of 7000 feet above the sea level. You will get the stunning views of the Mt. Kanchenjunga. It is a place which always provides more.
- Manali (Himachal Pradesh): Manali is a charming town in Himachal Pradesh. It is a place which is blessed with beautiful snowy slopes. Every visitor must go for skiing at their trip. There are professional skiers available to help you to take the enjoyment of adventure activity.
- Maharashtra: Maharashtra is a state which offers many places for paragliding like Kamshet and Panchgani from the altitude of 1305 m above the sea level. You can observe some beautiful views of Pavana Lake, greenery and stunning forts.
- Tamil Nadu: Yelagiri is a perfect destination for paragliders in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. A paragliding festival is also organized in the month of September by one reputed organization. You can enjoy the view of Yelagiri Hills from the altitude of 2000m above the sea level.
- Dayara Bugyal (Uttarakhand): Lush slopes and alpine grasslands make Dayara Bugyal an ideal destination for ski-lovers. An enthralling view of snow covered Himalayan peaks increases the beauty of atmosphere to perform the activity. There is Barnala Tal Lake which is best camping site for trekkers and skiers.
- Goa: Goa has many places to enjoy the paragliding. Among them Arambol Beach is the best place. You can get the beautiful view of scenic surroundings. It is a paradise for paraglide enthusiasts. There are professional experts also that helps novice to get fly in the sky.
- Solang Nala (Himachal Pradesh): Solang Nala is a picturesque valley in Manali in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Many winter games are organized at this place like paragliding, skating, zorbing, etc but skiing is the most popular game. Professionals to novice all enjoy this game. This adventure game will give you some unforgettable experiences for life.
- Gujarat: From the altitude of Pavagadh Hill about 800 m above the sea level, a majestic scenario can be seen of hill-station of Pavagadh and historical city of Champaner. It is not so much popular but it exists in the list of top paragliding destinations in India.
- Kufri (Himachal Pradesh): Kufri is a beautiful region in Himachal Pradesh. November to March is the perfect time to make visit at this place. At this time the area is covered by white sheet of snow due to winter season which makes smoothy place for skiers to enjoy the activity.
- Rajasthan: This state offers so many paragliding opportunities in many cities like Kota, Jaipur, Bikaner and many more. If you really want some divine paragliding experience then this state deserves visit. If you visit here, you will themselves get realize the eternal beauty of place.
If you want to take some unforgettable experiences to remember life long then you can head to above mentioned places which are quite popular for paragliding and skiing.
So what are you waiting for? Go for adventure trip!!!